Thursday 28 October 2010

Monty credits his BMW 7 Series for "lucky" escape

Scottish golf legend Colin Montgomerie has admitted that he was "lucky" not to be seriously injured in a four-vehicle road smash.
The Ryder Cup captain reckons his silver BMW 750 - which was badly damaged in the crash on the A80 at Moodiesburn - may have saved him from terrible injury.
Monty said: "I was driving through road works when a van travelling towards me suddenly burst through the cones and slammed into me.
"A fraction of a second later my car was hit by a lorry and another car as well and I began spinning out of control.

"I was trapped as the side of the car was compressed and the air bags were holding me back - but the passenger door suddenly opened and I was pulled to safety thanks to other drivers who had witnessed the accident.
"It was a terrible shock and I am lucky to have come out of it relatively unscathed - thanks I am sure to the car I was driving."

Montgomerie, captain of the winning European Ryder Cup team, was treated for minor injuries at the scene of the accident near Cumbernauld in Scotland.
Police said that the driver of the other vehicle, a delivery van, had been charged with road traffic offences.

No comments:

Post a Comment