Thursday 4 November 2010

Wrong-way driving granny causes motorway mayhem

This is the dramatic footage of an American pensioner who caused havoc on a Pennsylvania freeway by driving on the wrong side of the road!
The 84-year-old was reportedly travelling at over 50mph - to make a dental appointment - and was totally oblivious to the fact that she was driving in the wrong direction.


She managed to avoid being hit but police said that four accidents occurred as a result of the incident, including one car which smashed into a bridge overpass.
Despite motorists flashing their lights and beeping their horns, the woman continued driving on the wrong side for several miles until she miraculously managed to cross lanes of oncoming traffic to take a sudden exit.
Motorist Tim Fleming captured the action on his mobile phone and tried to attract her attention by sounding his horn, but said the woman waved at him to leave her alone and continued on her journey.
"I seriously thought I was going to see people die.
"I saw cars swerving around her, she wouldn't stop and I yelled at her again I waved my arm at her again.
"She waved at me to leave her alone... like, 'I know what I'm doing."
The woman's family said they had confiscated her car keys, while police say they are considering filing charges over the incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment